Astrology has been predominantly used as the most effective way of providing life-solutions hidden in one’s life-chart based on the celestial arrangements.
Vedic astrology & western astrology are two major parts that do same things by using two different ways that differ on interpretive and astronomical grounds. Interpretively Vedic chart is in square while western chart is in round shape. Calculation of horoscope is done differently in both, and on interpretation ground, it is said the Vedic astrology is little more precise compared to Western astrology. Choice of zodiac is understood as one of the fundamental difference between both of the astrological practices.
Difference on the basis of Zodiac/Astronomical
- Vedic astrology is based upon the Sidereal Zodiac that predicts one’s future by using physical positions of different celestial bodies. Vedic astrologers choose a starting point for the beginning of Aries, and then by proceeding further through equal segments of 30 degree they decide subsequent zodiac signs that helps in reliable prediction of future
- Western astrology belongs to Tropical Zodiac in which beginning of 12 signs is understood by the Sun’s apparent orbit. In this orbit, Sun revolves around earth, which is astrologically understood as the outbreak of four seasons. This is the time when Sun crosses equator and its upper and lower most points that relate with Summer and Winter solstices. Such celestial arrangements are used for defining expressions of planets in western astrology
Difference of the basis of Sign & Planets
- All the major planets are used in western astrology for predictions and additionally, it also includes Uranus, Pluto and Neptune. Uranus has the ruler-ship of Aquarius, Pluto of Scorpio and Neptune has ruler-ship of Pisces
- Vedic astrology is only related with visible planets and it is associated with traditional ruler-ship, in which Saturn has ruler-ship of Aquarius, Mars of Scorpio and Pisces has ruler-ship of Jupiter
Some other differences between Vedic & western Astrology on other grounds
- Western astrology considers retrograde planets weak, while on the other hand, in Vedic astrology retrograde planets are seen as strong as Vedic astrology is based upon how planets are appeared in sky
- Concept of combustion is very rarely applied in Modern Western Astrology, however, Vedic astrology has combustion as its basis principle
- Vedic astrology is also known as Cosmic astrology as it maintains a relationship between human beings and fixed stars. On the other side, Western astrology is mostly Sun based, and different signs are generally called as solar houses
- For measuring timing of major changes or events in our lives, progression & transits are used in Western Astrology, while on the other side, Vedic astrology primarily use planetary periods, popularly called as Dashas
Indian Hindu Astrologer comprises experts who are well aware of all the practices associated with astrology. Pundit Ji here is an expert in understanding all the calculations and significances of different astrological practices popular in Vedic & Western astrology, and hence, with him accurate astrological solutions with spiritual veracity is guaranteed.